A crane inspection list is a list of things an operator should check before operating crane equipment, inspections should be carried out each time before use to ensure that the equipment is working safely. Cranes generally are large equipment that carries high risk with use to users and the general public. All crane safety plans should include an inspection list, these can differ for each type of crane but will generally include the following;
– General measurement of wear on several different parts of the crane.
– Ensure there are no stretched or loose rivets, bolts, and pins
– Check equipment for any cracks or corrosion.
– Check brakes and brake linings.
– Check clutch systems, pawls, and ratchets
– Check for wear and cracks in rollers, bearings, shafts, and gears.
– Check all electrical components.
– Tyres should have no bulges or cuts and the tyre treads must not be too worn.
Posted in Cranes by Jason